Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Search for the Perfect Bottle of Wine

Whether your a consumer, restauranteur or wine retailer you're always on the search for the perfect bottle of wine, well I'm here to tell you like Santa Claus & the Easter Bunny, it doesn't exist. Whether I was selling wine to consumers or wine buyers I've come across many who spend way to much time looking, tasting & researching for that perfect bottle. What I find interesting is many are those who are looking in the under $10 price point. With wine being subjective, everybody has their opinion on what a wine should be and what perfection is. I remember working with one restauranteur who was looking for a Pinot Noir for his by the glass list for months and tasted him on almost every one in my portfolio, and after he tasted with me and other sales people he finally made a decision. Fortunately for me it was one I showed him. Another was still considering a $6.50 bottle of red for over 6 weeks, that they had already mentioned they liked. Searching for the perfect wine is the motivation for many consumers & buyers.

Nowadays there are is an ocean wine on the market from all over the globe, and more on the way, so it's no wonder that people think that perfection is somewhere out there a drift. So for those of you that are on the search, just keep in mind it's not the destination but the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment